Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Squier Telecaster. Review

 
Features: I really enjoy playing this guitar. It is a US made guitar. 21 frets and really comfortable and quick action. The body of the guitar is sleek and is very durable. I have it in Butterscotch color. I the only problem I have had with the guitar so far is that one of the wires was not properly secured to the 3-way pickup controls. Other than that, the clean sound is very good for David Bowie songs and also for more modern bands. The distortion is very good as well. It produces a sound that fit's perfectly with a fast, punk-rock sound. If the tone is put down, it creates a good fuzzy sound, like The Black Keys. However, not all sounds (metal, grunge, etc.) can be perfect with the guitar. Everything else is pretty good. Take the time to think about what music you want to play and test the guitar before you buy it. // 9
Sound: The guitar fit's my style of music perfectly. I used an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. And the sound was too clean and produced a hum. This Affinity produces a minimum hum, and produces a punk sound on distortion. The sound is more focused on a 90s rock to modern rock basis. It is a full sound. The guitar, on clean, is very rich and you can hear every string. For what I use the guitar for, it has fitted my needs perfectly. // 10
Action, Fit & Finish: The action of the guitar is very quick, especially for solos. Pending what gauge of strings of you use (I use D'Adarrio Extra Lights [.09]) and the action for the strings offer great control over what is being played. The body and neck of the guitar are in almost perfect condition. When I bought the guitar, there was a slight nick in the neck of the guitar right after the 7th fret, but it did not affect the sound and neck of the guitar. The wood does not scratch that easily and it fits anyone Who is an intermediate guitar player. The pick ups are in good placement and work really well. It was very well put together. // 9
Reliability & Durability: I have used this guitar at several shows so far and it still sounds like the first time I plugged it in. I usually only bring this guitar to my shows, it's rare I bring anything else. The finish is very good for jumping around and being able to be knocked around for a bit. I have dropped it on occasion, but it did not effect the guitar too much, there was nothing but a scratch that came off when the guitar was cleaned. // 9
Impression: I play punk music and it fit's perfectly to my needs. I have been playing for about 3 years. I own a Marshall amp and a Fender amp. I also own a Mega Distortion pedal. All of my equipment suit's my guitar to what I need. I would indeed buy this guitar again if it were missing. I never really hate anything about my guitar, I find it very fitting to me. I compared it to another Squire, a Strat and a Yamaha guitar. I was very thankful I bought this guitar, I have had it for a year and still works like the first day I bought it. I would recommend this guitar to anyone still learning guitar, but knows a lot of the basics and can do some soloing. // 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rambler's Top100 Рейтинг@Mail.ru