Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gibson Les Paul Studio. Review




Features:
This guitar was made in the USA this year (2005). Body, neck and woods: this model has 23 frets and a rosewood fretboard. The body is a solid body made from 2 different woods, Mahogany with a maple (heavier wood) on top as a cap. This guitar would be realy realy realy heavy otherwise. Finish: this guitar looks beautiful, it has a clear finish which is coloured a wine red colour with gold hardware (looks stunning). Body style: this is of course no copy so obviously its the Gibson les paul body shape. Controls: this guitar gives a 3-way selector Switch to Switch between the neck, the bridge or both pickups. There is also a volume dial provided for each pickup (2) and 2 tone controls, again one for each pickup. Pickups: these are the standard Gibson humbuckers which come on the guitar, (check out thier website for more info). Tuners: these are Gibson Deluxe tuners (as standard) very robust. Accessories: this guitar comes with a whole host of accessories; Gibson hard Case with the Gibson logo on "Gibson USA", Gibson strap, Picks (plectrums), Gibson guitar polish/cleaner, Polishing cloth, Gibson tuner, and a lot of information to do with spare parts and other useful stuff. // 10

Sound:
This guitar is very diverse. I play a lot of different styles: rock, Indie, punk, ska, skate, emo, soloing etc. It plays very well in all of these styles it is very quick to play as the fretboard is excelent. I am currently using this guitar with a Marshall Valvestate AVT 150 head and a Marshall Valvestate 412A 200w cabinate. This has a whole load of effects on it and the guitar sounds sweet with every one!, the guitar can make a lot of diferent sounds from bright to an rich sound which is great for soloing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up perfectly it was tuned and the pickups were set perfectly. The colour was exactly the same as it is shown on every website I have seen and it works wonderfully with the gold and black hardware. The bridge is properly routed and it is also for keeping the guitar in tune as it it self adjusting. Any flaws? No chance! This guitar is perfect, there is not one flaw on it! Everything is cut, placed and fixed perfectly, the finishing of the varnish is also excellent, it covers every where I havent seen any gaps or uncovered bits yet! and I dont expect to either. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is extremely reliable and durable! I've been playing the guitar now for a good 10 years! And I'm only 17. I haven't known any other guitar be this reliable of durable. This guitar is solid, I've banged it a few times on chairs and desks etc, and it hasne dinted the guitar or even put a scratch on it, I thin Gibson must be using some super laquer or something! The hardware and strap buttons are very strong and seems like they will outlive me! I for one depend on this guitar alone, I have three other guitars and when I go to play at a gig I don't take them unless I'm using different tunings, I depend on this Gibson normaly. I play my guitar for at least 3 hours a day, everyday, this finish seems again like it could outlast me, it shows no sign of wearing away. // 10

Impression: I play a lot of different styles of music: rock, Indie, punk, ska, skate, emo, soloing etc. This guitar is great for all of these styles. I have been playing for 10 or more years now and I'm only 17. I own quite a frew bits and bobs of gear: Marshall AVT 150 stack, Marshall MG 30, Marshall MS-2 microamp, Tanglewood acoustic guitar, Another acoustic guitar, PRS (Santana style) guitar, this Gibson, an old Strat (poor), Peavy ST-15 Speakers and a Peavey MP400 PA system. (Few things more but I've forgotten them). If this guitar was lost or stolen I would cry, then I would go and buy another one (well the insurance would). I love everything about this guitar I feel it has no bad points! My favourite feature would have to be the sound or the looks. I compared this guitar with the new Fender Strat (£675) and the Fender HHS Strat, and to be honest the Fenders play awful! They say you either like Fenders or Gibsons, so if ur considering buying either, check both of them out, go and play one first (I'm definately a Gibson man). // 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rambler's Top100 Рейтинг@Mail.ru