Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ibanez RG470. Review

 
Features: 24 fret Ibanez made 02 in Japan, Floyd Rose bridge, 5 way selector. // 10
Sound: This is a really good guitar, I've been playing for 8 years on various guitars, and it wasn't until I played on my friends RG470 that I really understood how good this guitar was. The Ibanez neck is very thin, that really improves the speed in certain scales and solos. The sound is also very impressive alltrough my amp is not. I also have an Epiphone Les Paul Studio and the difference is remarkable. I play both metal and slower classical guitar and it works superb. // 10  
Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar second hand in a musicstore in Sweden. The prevoius owner treated this guitar the way it deserved (or maybe he just liked to look at it) because it wasn't any scratch and the neck look like it just was made. I guess that is why the secound hand price (and the fact that it was japanese) made it quite expensive. The only thing that is a bit negative is that the swingstick (English is not my first language as you might see, hope you get it) can loosen a bit when played, still it's just a tiny problem, still worthy of a 5. // 10
Reliability & Durability: I haven't played live with this guitar yet, but that is absolutly nothing that I'm afraid of, it sound great and yet I havn't had any problem with it. Then I am afraid of loosing a string on stage and that is not the guitars fault. I havn't played on the korean made RG470 yet but I know from earlier that the Japanese guitarbuildes really put in everything when the construct their guitars, their mentality is diffrent from ours, it's an honour thing I guess. // 10
Impression: I think I've said what needs to be said on this matter. There is a lot of good guitars out there. Students like me can't afford the Ibanez JEM customs and the Gibson's Les Paul series. But this time I really think that this is defenitly good enough. The next thing I'll buy is not a new guitar, it's a new amp. // 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rambler's Top100 Рейтинг@Mail.ru