Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ibanez AEG10NE-NT. Review



Features: The Ibanez AEG10NE-NT is a nylon stringed acoustic guitar with a very narrow width at the nut (only 48 mm, 1.89 inch). It is kept in a classical style but has a cutaway. Therefore it is interesting for people which are usually playing electric or western guitars. The AEG was made in China. It has a Fishman Sonicore Pickup with Ibanez SST Preamp which offers a very nice sound when it is played amplified. Here some other features:

- Mahogany neck
- Mahogany back and sides
- Built in tuner
- Gold classical tuners
- Rosewood bridge and fretboard
- Balanced ¼” and XLR outputs

In Europe there is only one finish available: natural (NT). In the US there is also black flat (BKF) and tangerine high gloss (TNG) available. My one came with an Ibanez case (special offer) but usually it comes with gig bag and strap. I sometimes play classical stuff and therefore I bought the guitar. I usually play on a steel string or a electric guitar and therefore I'm used to play narrow neck and have problems to play on a normal sized classical guitar. Therefore the AEG10NE fits very well to my left hand as I do not have to hyperextend my fingers. // 8
Sound: The guitar is very flat and the body is kept small which makes the guitar easy to handle but the sound is (un-amplified) not very loud. It's fine for at home or lesson. Amplified it sounds great, very nice pickup! But the AEG10NE is NO replacement for a "real" classical guitar! // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with a excellent factory set-up. There was nothing I had to change apart from a string which was not well fixed. Also I had to remove all strings as the cable holder was not fixed as well and seemed to came loose during transport. As it is self-gluing I could not fix it on again. I called the Ibanez support Who directly sent me a new holder with the instructions where to put it, excellent support! // 7

Reliability & Durability:
The hardware keeps the tuning very well. Due to the size the guitar can be easily handled for a gig and due to the neck size it is easy to change between an electric guitar and this one. The stap buttons are solid and big therefore there is no problem by using a strap. The guitar itself and the finish is solid, nothing to complain. // 8

Impression:
The overall impression is very good. The guitar came with the above described small flaws which could be easily solved out. I looked for classical guitar with a thin neck profile and there was the choice between the Ibanez AEG10NE and the Fender CDN240SCE. I decided for the Ibanez because I prefrred the shape and the finish of it, and there was the special offer to get it with case. The price was the same. If it was stolen I would replace it with another guitar as I would like to try something new. Ranking: Between 7 and 8. Overall I would say (with the flaws) 7. // 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rambler's Top100 Рейтинг@Mail.ru