Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fender Stratocaster USA '02. Review






Features:
My guitar is a 2002 (if I'm not mistaken) made in U.S.A. model, with 22 Standard frets on a maple fretboard (I'm not a big fan of rosewood fretboards), Heritage cherry color, transparent finish, classic Strat bridge, a 5-way selector switch, 3 standard issue single coil pickups, and classic Fender tuners. // 10
Sound: I am a fan of classic rock, and play just about anything originating from that genre. This guitar is the very essence of classic rock in my humble opinion. My influences include Mark Knopfler, Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, and the list goes on and on. This guitar is perfectly well suited to my style of music. I run it through a Marshall MG30DFX amp and use a Marshall Guv'nor GV-2 pedal, which I think suit's it just fine. Obviously, because of the single coil pickups, it has a very bright sound to it, and the bridge pickup sounds amazing with distortion, very agressive. On the other hand, I can get a Slash sound out of it on the neck pickup. I can't say however, if it has a good sound on a clean channel because my amp is a piece of s**t and the guitar doesn't work well on it (on a clean channel, of course). The only style it can't play is metal (by metal I mean Metallica and thrash metal in general, not NWOBHM). It's truly one of the most versatile guitars out there. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish:
The guitar was set up ideally. It had no problems what'soever! Those people in Corona know what they're doing! No Factory flaws on it, but I myself have nicked it a few times. There is honestly nothing that I can complain about, and believe me, I complain a lot. I myself have adjusted the pickups numerous times in order to get the sound I'm looking for. It hasn't had anything happen to it. // 9

Reliability & Durability:
This guitar will withstand just about anything you throw at it! Or on it, for that matter. As I mentioned above, I've had this guitar for two years and it hasn't had any major (or minor) problems. The hardware is rock solid, and looks like it will last a very long time. The pickups are as good as new and there's not a hint of oxidization. The strap buttons are perfectly reliable. I say this because it has only come loose once. This guitar is the ideal guitar to take to a gig without a backup, without a doubt. I would know, as I have already done so. I play on average about 1.5 hours a day and can safely say that, if you don't take vitriol and spray the guitar with it, the finish will last a long time indeed! // 9

Impression:
As I have mentioned before, I have a Marshall MG30DFX amp and a Marshall Guv'nor GV-2 pedal. I honestly wish I had not bought a transistor amp because it just doesn't suit my guitar. I feel it deserves better. I have been playing for about 3 years now and the guitar I had before this one, a Squier Strat, was inferior in each and every way. Would I buy it again? No, I would seek out the person Who stole it, kill them, and then retrieve it. Failing that, then yes, I would buy another, exact same model. I compared it to an Ibanez (can't remember which model), a Gibson SG, and a Fender Tele. For my style of music, this guitar was the one and only. At the shop, it cost around 1000$ but I got it for about 200$ off, a bargain in my opinion! If you're an aspiring classic rock musician, then this is the guitar for you! // 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rambler's Top100 Рейтинг@Mail.ru